Obama has said on many occasions that we would find out who committed the spontaneous mob act of terror and hold them accountable. Here is one example from September 12, 2012.
(Notice how ABC reiterated the talking point about the anti-Muslim video before Obama did the same in the speech – “…denigrate the religion of others…”.)
It has been eight months and we are still unable to find out who did it – much less actually hold anyone accountable for the murder of four Americans if you were to believe this Obamaism.
Why? Is it possible that this President is sooo incompetent that he does not realize that other people have been providing him information from before the attack even happened? Or did he think that dealing with this would interrupt his fundraising efforts for re-election?
So, many questions but let us continue…
The Libyan president, on September 26th, went on NBC News and called it a terrorist attack. He even made the same claim when he was interviewed by Al Jazeera. The AP published accounts from eyewitnesses, even naming the lawyer, that clearly describe a coordinated attack.
But Obama is still not sure as to who did it. — Dude, the Libyans are telling you it was terrorists.
As reported in The Independent, Libyan security officials warned American diplomats in Libya that they had information an attack was imminent three days prior to it actually happening.
Also from article –
“The Independent has reported diplomatic sources who said that the threat of an attack against US interests in the region was known to the US administration 48 hours before it took place. The alert was issued by the State Department’s Bureau of Diplomatic Security, but not made public.”
“A senior official of the biggest militia in Benghazi, the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he had warned US diplomats of a rapidly deteriorating security situation in Benghazi three days before the attack.”
So, what really happened when the Ambassador requested additional security since he knew of an attack three days prior? Did Obama ignore the warnings? If he is not complicit in this, then he is guilty of negligence and incompetence.
Do you still think that it was about a YouTube video?? Do you really think that Obama does not know who did it?
It looks like Obama still does think it was all about the YouTube video even though he has been told that it was a preplanned attack by terrorists –
- September 14 – Obama made a joint statement with Hillary Clinton denouncing a deplorable YouTube video and after he claimed it was an “act of terror.”
- September 25 – Obama went before the United Nations and said it was a response to a video that offended Muslims. He also reiterated that the U.S. would “relentlessly” track down those who were responsible.
Even recently, Obama responded to the growing Benghazi criticism –
Several quotes from the speech –
- “Americans died…” – That is stating the obvious.
- “Not in a position where they were adequately protected” – Why was that when the Libyans were telling you that the situation was deteriorating? Why did you reject the calls from the Ambassador himself for extra security?
- “Acknowledged that it was an act of terrorism” – If you look at the text of the speech he made on September 12 (or watch a video clip), he never used the word terrorism. The closest he comes is saying, “No acts of terror…” However, he did not specifically link the Benghazi attack to the “acts of terror” reference. He is playing semantics with the deaths of four Americans. Do you want the President playing semantics with your death? Is that how much value he puts on a human life? Oh, wait…that is the Democratic party platform.
- “Immediately after this attack happened, we were not clear about how it occurred or what their motivations were” – The Libyans told you in advance of the attack and the Libyan President told you it was a pre-planned attack by extremists.
- Once again, Obama tied the attacks to the YouTube video (start at 2:10). So, in the same speech Obama said that it was a terrorist attack and that it was in response to the YouTube video. – Is he lying or is he really that incompetent?
- “Nobody knew what was taking place in those first few days” – The AP knew. They found Libyans who were willing to describe exactly what happened that night.
- “The talking points Susan Rice that were prepared for Susan Rice…pretty much matched the assessments I was receiving at that time.” – So, your people are as incompetent as you.
- “Two to three days after Susan Rice appeared on the Sunday shows using these talking points” – Obama said he sent the head of the NCTC to tell Congress that it was an act of terrorism. — That would put that date at either September 18 or 19. (Scroll back up to find out what he said on September 25 – it was a video.)
- “So, the whole thing defies logic…” – Not when you seem to be lying about the whole situation.
“Hold Them Accountable”
Now as for that “We will hold them accountable…” part –
According to CBS News, Libyan authorities arrested 4 people for their part of the attack on the consulate. Notice the date on the article. It is September 13, 2012. That was three days before Susan Rice went on the Sunday talk shows denouncing the deplorable video.
The article even mentions Ansari al Sharia, which U.S. officials describe it as an offshoot of al Qaeda, as the prime suspect. Did I mention that this was before Susan Rice went on the Sunday talk shows denouncing the deplorable video? (Yes, sarcasm was intended.)
Also, according to CBS News – By September 16th, the Libyan president announced that his government had arrested about 50 people in connection with the attack on the U.S. consulate.
So, the Libyans arrested 50 people within 5 days of the attack and the U.S. has arrested how many again? Oh, wait – Carney said that Benghazi was a long time ago. Clinton said in testimony before Congress stated “…what difference would it make…”. Obama said that people are trying to make something out of nothing.
But what happened to Obama’s promise to hold these perpetrators accountable? Or would that have to include his administration?
The longer this goes on Americans need to realize that the Obama Administration is complicit in their deaths of four Americans when the information is out that they knew what was happening and they still did nothing.
And four Americans died…